The ADI must:
- You must take the Diamond Fleet test, or the Diamond Elite test as part of the fleet course
- Have an understanding of the aims and benefits of coaching, and be confident in applying coaching techniques in car
- Have experience of delivering presentations
- Have an understanding of learning styles
- Have an understanding of the National Standards for Driver and Rider Training
- National Standards for Category B Vehicles
- Be an ADI for a minimum of 2 years and have gained some experience with training full licence holders
- Have your own laptop and be familiar with using Microsoft PowerPoint to deliver a short pre-prepared presentation (we will send you this prior to the in-car module)
You’ll have to read a number plate from a distance of:
- 26.5 metres for vehicles with a new-style number plate
- 27.5 metres for vehicles with an old-style number plate
- New-style number plates start with 2 letters followed by 2 numbers, eg AB51 ABC.
- You must use glasses or contact lenses during the whole test if you need them to read the number plate.