Award in Business Knowledge
The Award in Business Knowledge enables ADIs, PDIs and motorcycle instructors to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to run a business. This course is a research-based, e-learning award where you can study in your own time around diary commitments. We will provide you with a comprehensive reading list to get you started. The learning outcomes of this award are:
- A good understanding of an instructor’s financial obligations to HMRC
- Knowing what your National Insurance contributions should be and what you are responsible for
- Why record keeping is essential
- What an ADI can claim as a business expense
- Writing a business plan
- Advantages and disadvantages of running a business as a franchisee, sole trader, partnership and a private limited company
- Understanding aspects of marketing and social media
- Ways of purchasing a training vehicle
- What to consider when price setting for training
- The importance of public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- A comprehensive understanding of the DSA’s Code of Practice
The Award in ADI Knowledge forms part of the DIA Member CPD Programme and works towards the Diploma in Driver Education, or it can be treated as a one-off course.
£120 | DIA members only
By purchasing this course you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Cancellation and Refund Policy – If you cancel within seven days of booking we will refund 100% of the fee paid. Thereafter cancellations will not be considered. This also includes if you have purchased the course as part of an offer or ‘bundle’ with other courses.
Not a DIA member?
Why not join the UK’s biggest association of professional driving instructors.