Award in Business Knowledge
The Award in Business Knowledge enables ADIs, PDIs and motorcycle instructors to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to run a business. This course is a research-based, e-learning award where you can study in your own time around diary commitments. We will provide you with a comprehensive reading list to get you started. The learning outcomes of this award are:
- A good understanding of an instructor’s financial obligations to HMRC
- Knowing what your National Insurance contributions should be and what you are responsible for
- Why record keeping is essential
- What an ADI can claim as a business expense
- Writing a business plan
- Advantages and disadvantages of running a business as a franchisee, sole trader, partnership and a private limited company
- Understanding aspects of marketing and social media
- Ways of purchasing a training vehicle
- What to consider when price setting for training
- The importance of public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- A comprehensive understanding of the DVSA’s Code of Practice
The Award in ADI Knowledge can be taken as a stand-alone course, or as part of the Diploma in Driver Education.
£120 | DIA members only
By purchasing this course you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Cancellation and Refund Policy – If you cancel within seven days of booking we will refund 100% of the fee paid. Thereafter cancellations will not be considered. This also includes if you have purchased the course as part of an offer or ‘bundle’ with other courses.
Not a DIA member?
Why not join the UK’s biggest association of professional driving instructors.