Prepare for your initial Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) with this official book for professional bus and coach drivers.
4 reasons to buy it:
- Background – explains the process of gaining Driver CPC and includes information on periodic training
- Case studies – focus on part two of the test with essential information you will need to know and official examples so you know what to expect on the day
- Practical demonstration test – describes what you will be tested on in part four of the test, and how you will be tested
- Extras – including a glossary of technical terms and information on ecosafe driving
- The process explained – how and why you need to gain CPC and what the test covers
- Test preparation – shows you how case studies will be presented on the day and explains how to answer this part of the test, including two official examples
- Essential information – including optimising fuel consumption, carrying loads safely, health and safety, responding to emergencies, your role within the company and regulations, rules and the law
This official guide has been prepared in close consultation with a working group of industry experts and experienced PCV trainers from GoSkills, First Group, Arriva and East London Bus Group, so it is up-to-date with current industry thinking.
You may also be interested in The Official DVSA Guide to Driving Buses and Coaches, which provides all of the information you need to obtain – and retain – your Driver CPC qualification.
Written by the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency, the people who set the driving tests.