DVSA has announced it will be opening nine test centre waiting rooms from Friday 30 October.
The nine test centres opening initially are:
- Darlington MPTC
- Garretts Green
- Cambridge Brookmount Court
- Gillingham GVTS
- Swindon MPTC
These test centres have been chosen because:
- DVSA has been able to make them COVID-safe relatively quickly and simply
- Visitors have no other local amenities in walking distance
- They are geographically spread across England and Scotland
DVSA will not be opening any in Wales as there is no driver testing service in Wales due to the Welsh firebreak.
If your local test centre is in the initial rollout, you’ll receive another email from DVSA to explain the measures that have been put in place to help keep you, examiners and others waiting at the site safe. These measures will include:
- Wearing face covering at all times inside the waiting room
- Recording a visit by scan the QR code and ‘check in’ or recording it on a paper log
- Asking visitors to wipe down touch points when they enter the waiting room and before they leave
Users of this initial group of waiting rooms will be asked to provide feedback to a dedicated email address.
Once DVSA has reviewed the initial rollout and feedback from the waiting room visitors and examiners, it will assess other waiting rooms around the country.
DVSA says it will continue to work with HSE and advise instructor associations on how more of our waiting rooms could be made safely available in line with COVID-secure measures.