A great opportunity to join the DIA team!
DIA is the UK’s largest professional association for driver and rider trainers, and the leading provider of training events and continuing professional development (CPD) programme to the driver education profession. Our ADI helpdesk is always busy with calls from DIA members needing help, guidance and support with all aspects of their professional lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ADI to join our small team as a Training Assistant in the Training and Events team. Your knowledge of the industry, along with your experience as an ADI, is essential to assist members with queries on aspects of driver training, running a business and developing their skills and knowledge.
You will work closely with the Head of Membership and Training as a friendly and expert voice at the end of the phone to give advice and support on any aspect of driver training, and coordinate the smooth running of our busy calendar of training courses.
Pass on your knowledge and experiences to help other trainers in the industry.
Your main duties will include:
- Assisting DIA’s training events team to manage training courses, from liaising with venues to managing course bookings.
- Assisting with helpdesk calls on all ADI matters, including advice and guidance with delivering lessons
- Informing members with industry updates and best practice
- Contribute to DIA’s monthly magazine Driving Instructor
Our extensive induction programme will help you to find your feet to get you off to the best start in your new role.
The ideal person must have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an ADI
- Excellent and up-to-date industry knowledge
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A pragmatic approach to overcoming issues
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and be IT literate
Hours: You will need to work 35 hours a week (7 hours a day) Monday to Friday at our office in Crawley.
What you need to do next: Please send a CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you would be great for this role.